1 15.25 oz box of your favorite cake mix+ the ingredients it requires
1 16oz tub of icing – a white or light colored
green food coloring
gummy fruit slices
a few chocolate chips
1. Bake the cake mix according to the directions on the box for cupcakes. Let the cupcakes cool completely.
2. Mix a few drops of food coloring into the icing to make a nice Cthulhu green color. Ice the cupcakes.
3. Unwrap a lollypop. Cut off the handle of the lollypop, leaving about 1 inch. Place the lollypop (stick down) into the center of the cupcake.
4. Using a knife, cut a fruit slice in half longways, forming two wings. Trim off the bottom of each wing, and a bit of the inner side. Place each wing on the sides of the lollypop head, using the sticky part of the wing to attach it to the head and icing.
5. Add four to six gummy worms in front of the head, forming the tentacles. If your gummy worms are two-toned, you may want to trim them down to one color. cut two sections of a fruit slice and mold them into circles. Stick the circles onto the lollypop.
6. Melt a few chocolate chips. Using a toothpick, draw the chocolate onto the eyes for Cthulhu’s pupils.
7. Worship the Great Old Ones!
View the recipe card for these Cthulhu cupcakes!
Did you enjoy this tutorial? Check out our entire selection of freebies. Can I send you an email to let you know about new freebies and critter illustrations? Join my email list!